1. 表示“感情”或“重要的情绪”等,通常用复数形式。如:
We can understand her feelings. 我们理解她的心情。
He doesn't care about the feelings of others. 他不顾别人的感情。
表示伤害某人的感情,通常用 hurt, 有时也可用 injure或wound(均不如用 hurt 常见)。如:
I didn't mean to hurt your feelings. 我不是有意要伤害你的感情。
Never needlessly hurt [injure, wound] the feelings ofanybody. 千万不要无谓地伤害任何人的感情。
2. 表示某人喜怒哀乐或冷热痛累等感受或感觉等,通常是可数。如:
a feeling of cold (hunger, pain, discomfort, shame, danger, thirst, pleasure, relief, etc) 感到冷(饿,痛,不舒服,羞耻,危险,口渴,愉快,宽慰等)
feelings of joy and gratitude 喜悦和感激之情。
3. 表示某人的观点、看法、态度等,通常也是可数名词。如:
What are your feelings about this idea? 你们觉得这个主意如何?
4. 表示一种模糊的想法或预感等,通常用单数形式,且多与动词have, get 连用。如:
Mary suddenly got the feeling that someone was watchingher. 玛丽突然感到有人在看她。
I can't understand why, but suddenly I had this feelingthat something terrible was going to happen. 我说不清为什么,但我忽然感到要出事了。
5. 表示“知觉”“同情”“好感”“了解”等,通常为不可数名词。如:
He's lost all feeling in the leg. 他的腿完全失去了知觉。
I have no deep feeling in the matter. 我对这事了解不深。
He doesn't show much feeling for the sufferings of otherpeople. 他对别人的痛苦不大同情。
发表评论