1. "None of us do," said Dr. Dorian, sighing. "
2. He said, looking down at his daughter with love.
3. "How's Avery?" he asked, opening his eyes wide.
4. "What are your names, please?" asked Wilbur, trembling with joy.
5. Mrs Black sat down, breathing heavily．
6. He slept the first night in a field，feeling lonely, tired, cold and hungry.
7. Seeing the helicopter, Jane waved her yellow blouse, screaming for help.
1. He was trembling in a blanket and he said, “I’m cold.”
【答案】 Trembling in a blanket, he said, “I’m cold.”
2. I sat back in an easy chair and fell asleep.
【答案】 Sitting back in an easy chair, I fell asleep.
3. When I saw no one noticing us, I put the Christmas present down and left.
【答案】 Seeing no one noticing us, I put the Christmas present down and left.
4. When she arrived there, she searched the unfamiliar building, and asked for Zatanna’s dormitory from door to door.
【答案】Arriving there, she searched the unfamiliar building, asking for Zatanna’s dormitory from door to door.
5. He looked at me and bit his lips, as if he was thinking.
【答案】He looked at me, biting his lips, as if thinking.
6. For a few moments I just stood there. I held that ten-dollar bill and I wondered what to buy and who to buy it for.
7. When he saw the coat in the bag, he looked very astonished and then asked his mother to come out.
8. ‘Here,’ he said. At the same time he handed the coins to the gatekeeper.
9. A tall girl answered the door and she was frowning. She told Emily that Zatanna was working in the school café. When she heard this, Emily forced a faint smile, thanked her and left.
10. She wrote “To Bobby, From Santa Claus” on it. Then she drove me over to Bobby Decker’s house as she explained I was officially one of Santa’s helpers.
An 80-year-old man was sitting on the sofa in his house along with his 45-year-old highly educated son. Suddenly a crow（乌鸦）perched（栖息）on their window.
The father asked his son, “What is this?” The son replied, “It is a crow.”
After a few minutes, the father asked his son for the second time, “What is this?” The son said, “Father, I have just now told you, it’s a crow!”
After a little while, the old father again asked his son for the third time, “What is this?”
At this time some expression of irritation（恼怒）was felt in the son’s tone when he said to his father with a rebuff（生硬回绝）. “It’s a crow, a crow.” A little while later, the father again asked his son the fourth time, “What is this?”
This time, the son shouted at his father, “Why do you keep asking me the same question again and again, although I have told you so many times ‘IT IS A CROW’. Are you not able to understand this?”
A little later the father went to his room and came back with an old tattered（发皱的）diary, which he had maintained since his son was born.
On opening a page, he asked his son to read that page.
When the son read it, the following words were written in the diary:
“Today my little son aged three was sitting with me on the sofa, when a crow was sitting on the window. My son asked me 23 times what it was, and I replied to him all 23 times that it was a crow. I hugged him lovingly each time he asked me the same question. I did not at all feel irritated but I rather felt affection for my innocent son.
After reading the diary,_____________________________________________________________________
Feeling ashamed, the son got down on his knees before his father.__________________________________
After reading the diary, the son was filled with tears and began to reflect on the days when he used to sit together with his father. His father would patiently answer the same question all 23 times without feeling irritation while his father asked him the same question just four times! The son thought to himself: If I attain old age, how will my son look at me? Will he think of me as a burden? Will he shout at me because of my poor sight, poor hearing or poor understanding?
Feeling ashamed, the son got down on his knees before his father. He made an apology to his father, begging his father to forgive him for his bad behavior. He said this aloud, “I promise to see you happy forever, Dad. It is you who have cared for me ever since I was a little child, showering your selfless affection on me. You worked hard to make money so that I could afford to go to university. I will look after you in the best way.”