Job ID: 268091
Posted On: 2022-03-03
Location: Beijing, China
S&P Global (China) Ratings
The Role: As an Editor, you will help to produce engaging, timely, and accurate English-language thought-leadership and rating action articles. You will predominantly edit English language articles in support of S&P Global China Ratings' business strategies and, with the assistance of machine translation, will translate Chinese articles into English when required. You will ensure style interpretation in accordance with the organization's editorial and style guidelines. You will work in collaboration with analytical teams and other internal stakeholders.
The quality of your work has a direct correlation with and is critical to S&P Global China Ratings’ reputation and image.
The Career Opportunity:
This is a rare opportunity to help build an editorial culture by joining the first foreign-owned credit rating agency operating in China’s domestic market. You will gain exposure to new approaches to editing and delivering content. In addition, we are committed to your personal development through ongoing training.
This role is under the Chief Operating Office of S&P Global China Ratings. You will work in collaboration with credit analysts and other internal departments.
You are first and foremost a linguist by trade and have a passion for business and finance. Highly self-motivated, you are driven by the opportunity to learn new skills and develop new processes with the aim of establishing efficient, high-quality publication practices. You possess strong communication skills with a natural ability to articulate ideas and complex information in a clear and structured manner. You like to keep up-to-date on the latest happenings in China’s financial and capital markets. Comfortable in a team environment, you can take the ideas of others on board and efficiently compliment them with your own views.
- Edit high-quality complex and high-profile digital English content.
- Translate content from Chinese into English.
- Ensure content is well written, grammatically accurate, coherent, and in adherence with house style.
- Excellent English editing skills. 3+ years of relevant experience preferred.
- Chinese language proficiency and experience of translating from Chinese into English would be a plus, as would experience of working with machine translation.
- Sound knowledge of terminology and concepts used in the capital markets and Financial Services industry.
- Bachelors’ degree, preferably in Journalism, Chinese, English, or Business.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Experience working on Web or electronic products preferred.
- Ability to work effectively in a team-oriented, global, and multicultural environment.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.