The English Content Manager is responsible for creating, coordinating production of, and distributing content (mainly written text, but also occasionally video and audio) to increase awareness and interest in the programs and activities of NYU Shanghai. S/he will collaborate with other staff in the university to write and produce news and feature stories for distribution online and in marketing materials. S/he will help create and maintain a consistent brand identity for the university and will coordinate marketing and outreach efforts on all communications platforms (social media, website, newsletters, magazines, etc). The position requires superior writing and editing skills as well as experience in digital, print, multimedia marketing.
Main responsibilities include:
- Developing and executing marketing and communications strategies and tactics;
- Developing concepts and ideas, and edit a wide variety of communications for website, weekly media, and social media;
- Serving as project manager for the NYU Shanghai Gazette, NYU Shanghai Magazine, and other major publications as needed;
- Writing and updating content for placement on website and print publications, such as newsletters, brochures, emails;
- Managing members of the English language team;
- Collaborating with designers, developers and writers on layouts, magazine and website design and other capabilities;
- Flexibility in taking on any other assignments that will assist NYU Shanghai in realizing its mission and communications goals.
- Bachelor’s degree or above.
- At least five years of experience in reporting, writing, editing, marketing, communications, or
- related fields;
- Fluency in English is required, proficiency with Chinese language is preferred;
- Familiarity with principles of web design and production;
- Previous experience with higher education sector or in an academic setting is preferred.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent integrated marketing project management skills;
- Excellent technical skills with a strong proficiency in managing social media platforms,
- electronic communications and website design;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to be detail-oriented with excellent time management and organizational skills in order to develop priorities and meet deadlines;
- Ability to collaborate and communicate effectively with various co-workers in a cross-cultural
- Ability to work under pressure.
About NYU Shanghai
NYU Shanghai is China’s first Sino-US research university and the third degree-granting campus of the NYU Global Network. We were founded in 2012 by New York University and East China Normal University with the support of the city of Shanghai and the district of Pudong. NYU Shanghai seeks to cultivate globally-minded graduates through innovative teaching, world-class research, and a commitment to public service.
NYU Shanghai is an equal opportunity employer committed to equity, diversity and social inclusion. We are proud of its diverse and talented staff members, who work together to build and sustain this unique and pioneering institution of higher education in China.
For more information about NYU Shanghai, please visit https://shanghai.nyu.edu. You can also follow our official WeChat Account: NYUShanghaiRecruit for more updated news.