UK /ˌbʌŋd ˈʌp/ US /ˌbʌŋd ˈʌp/
If your nose is bunged up, you find it difficult to breathe because you have a cold.
- My nose is so bunged up at the moment. I can’t breathe easily.
- Does anyone have any cold medicine? I am bunged up.
- He was really difficult to understand over the phone yesterday as he had a cold and was bunged up.
a sniffle (also the sniffles)
a slight cold that mainly affects your nose
- I had a cold a couple of weeks ago and it's left me with a sniffle.
verb [ I ]
UK /ˈsnɪf.əl/ US /ˈsnɪf.əl/
to breathe in quickly and repeatedly through the nose, usually because you are crying or because you have a cold
- You're sniffling a lot today - have you got a cold?
- Nasal spray can help relieve your congestion.
- I'm very congested.